Monday, June 8, 2009

WICKED....Take 2


Last Saturday, the 6th I had a wonderful date with my husband. We went to see "Wicked" for the second time. My wonderful best friend Jenny and her husband Hank (aka "Aunt Jenny and Uncle Hank") came up to watch the kids for us. (Thanks again guys! We love you!) We met our friends Andy and Kathy downtown at The Capital Grille for dinner. It was so delicious! We had Calamari in a sweet chili sauce for an appetizer, yummy! Then we each had a nice juicy steak with sides of parmesan truffel fries and broccolini (that is a cross between broccoli and asparagus....yummy!) For dessert we shared creme brulee...yummy! It was all sooooo good, as you can tell from my "yummy" comments.
After dinner we walked half way across downtown Indianapolis (me in some way cute strapy silver high heels) to the Murat Theatre to go see the show. I have to say that it is sooooo much better the second time. Don't get me wrong, the first time was great, but this was way cooler. Part of it was that I knew the songs so much better, and the other part is that we were 7 rows from the front of the stage. It was so cool to see all of the details in the costumes that I didn't notice before. The sheer power behind their voices was amazing, and I have to admit that I teared up a couple of times. Once at the end of Act 1 when Elphaba sang "Defying Gravity" and then towards the end of the Act 2 when Glinda and Elphaba sang "For Good". I laughed a lot more seeing it this time. There was this guy sitting next to me that was cracking me up because he was laughing too. It was a genuine laugh and I could tell that he was really enjoying the show.
Anyway....after the show we had to walk BACK to the car...that was a painful walk. I have never been so happy to get my shoes off. It was an awesome evening...and since we had bought our tickets in January, I was glad that the day had finally come.

Ahhhh....I heart WICKED!!!!

5 comments:

wende said...

oh man! i was jealous the FIRST time you got to go, i'm especially GREEN with envy now! ha! but i am really glad you got to go, we listen to the music all he time around here, and some day....maybe we will actually get to see it.

yay for green painted ladies and dates with our husbands. :)

love ya marci! missing you, coming to idaho any time soon? you MUST stop by this time! bring nicki with you when you come okay? :)

Unknown said...

Just call me Elphie because (like Wende) I am GREEN WITH ENVY!!! I want to see this dumb show so bad! Glad for you tho - that you got to go again and had such a nice date with your hubby. Except for the sandal part - the evening sounded divinely wicked!!!
love you!

OMA AND OPA said...

Thanks for letting us know you had such a great time! Nice date Bill. My feet hurt just reading about your walk back to the car. Next time, carry your heels in your bag, and wear some tennis shoes for walking. Or, have the guys drop the girls off then go park the car. Juat a thought. haha Oh well, I am sure the evening was worth it anyway. Love ya

Kyle said...

Update, please.

Cheri said...

I heart Wicked too!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it!! We even cried at the same parts! I still have to blog about when B and I went!
I'm so glad you guys got to go again and that you had a "yummy" dinner and a wonderful evening together!
I heart dates with my hubby! :)
p.s. YAY for Jenny and Hank (Good friends are the BEST!)