Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School

I really have dropped off the face of the earth! I was enjoying our summer vacay with the kids and have such lost track of time. I will try and catch you up on what we've been up to this summer.

First, I need to tell you that my WONDERFUL husband bought me a laptop as an early birthday present. I got it on Monday. I LOVE IT!!! This one runs on Vista, so I had to download something from Sony so that my pictures would work on this. I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself for figuring this out on my own. Many times I just wanted to call my bro Rich and have him come do it for me...but I kept telling myself that I could do it...and I did! (I'm giving myself a pat on the back even as we speak...ha!)

My posts will be out of order, but I figured I would start with the most recent event first and work backwards. Emma started 1st grade last Wednesday the 12th. She was so excited to get back to school and see some of the friends she wasn't able to see over the summer. Here are some pics of my big girl Emma!


And here is a picture of Nicholas saying that he wants to get on the bus too! He really was going to miss his big sister that day!

(That's a rug burn on his forehead...no worries, it was gone a couple of days later)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

YA FOR MARCI ON FINALLY GETTING YOUR LAPTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo happy for you - now no more excuses hahahaha!! Missed you! Congrats on having a 1st grader - yikes! Hold on to your hat from now on! I can't believe I have a Senior!!!!!

Call me sometime when you have a "day off" -
love ya

mom Tolmanb said...

So cute, Marci, she's adorable.

wende said...

it's so hard for those little guys left at home when all the older kids leave for school. luckily, ethan has preschool to look forward to this year, but can't understand why HIS school doesn't start for two more weeks. bummer.

Cheri said...

They are growing up so fast! I have the cutest nieces and nephews! Those Mickelsen genes are something else... :)
I hope the kids are enjoying school so far!
I am so happy for you that you FINALLY got your laptop! :) YAY!!

OMA AND OPA said...

Great job Marci! Love the pictures they make me homesick for those little ones. Kisses to all! Oma