Saturday, June 23, 2007

Keeping Up With Tradition


It has been a long standing Mickelsen family tradition to have a movie night, and with this movie night also comes POPCORN. Well, it has now become a Latimer family tradition. Most of the time it is just Bill and I since the kids are usually in bed. But, we decided to have an early movie evening and let the kids see what it's all about. They absolutely LOVE popcorn! It's the Mickelsen gene I just know it! We watched Toy Story (for about the millionth time). It was obviously Nicho's turn to choose. We all had a great time!


Nicholas' birthday is almost here, so I've been trying to get that thrown together. Bill told me not to put it off till the last minute, but somehow time got away from me. Nicholas wants a Toy Story birthday party, so I've been trying to find Buzz Lightyear/Woody things. It has been incredibly hard to find because it's not so popular anymore. I think I can make it work. My neighbor was nice enough to give me what she had leftover, and I traveled clear to the other side of town to get a couple of other things. Ughh! The things we do for our children! :-)


I hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your summer! Our love to you all!

6 comments:

mom and dad said...

Marci
Fantastic Blog! I'm at mom and dad's house for the day, so I'm killing some time on the computer. I love your swing set in the back yard. Any chance Bill would like a job doing it at my house? Take care love to you all
Christy

Crystal said...

The popcorn gene is definitely a Mickelsen thing. We seem to have it several times a week thanks to Neil.

I hear ya on kids birthdays. Lincoln is just turning one & we aren't really doing anything for it, but it was still a big project for some reason.

Earl Family said...

They didn't get their popcorn gene from KaeLynn - I can tell you that right now :) What a fun family tradition. We did that too - only I had ice cream instead :)

OMA AND OPA said...

Way to go Marci! It's about time you let the kids in on this(haha)popcorn movie night or day whichever works. We have to really discipline ourselves to just doing it once, maybe twice a week. Dad would have it every night if he could. However it is the popcorn With the clarified butter. Mouth watering anyone? :)

Unknown said...

I've been meaning to tell you - "Good job on the blog!!" - It was good talking to you the other day - good luck with the party! - and Yay for popcorn! Great job carrying on that tradition! - Love ya!

mom and dad said...

Marci and Bill, what a fun thing. We get to keep up on your family as well. What a nice swing set and a very cute family. Keep up the good work in sending us pictures and posts. Are you coming to Oakley this summer? We'd pop the popcorn if you will.Aunt RaeDean