Friday, January 30, 2009

More to post...but this is first

You know, I really wish I could be one of "those people" that blog a lot. Really though, as much as I yell at myself for not doing it...I just have to be realistic...it just isn't going to happen. So, everyone, don't expect too much from me, not that you already do. I do have to say that I have recently become addicted to Facebook and find myself on there more than I am on Blogspot (sorry!!!). I just feel that if I post a blog, I have to have pics with it. I do have more posts coming...but there is one that I have to get out to as many people as I can.



On a more serious note...we have friends down the street who's son passed away on Sunday. He had a VERY rare form of cancer called desmoplastic small round cell tumor. It is predominantely in males and happens at a very young age. The percentage of children who live past the age of 10 is very small. I would LOVE for you to read his story. Please vist his website www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacksonpalmer

Unfortunately, with the way insurance companies work, Jackson met his "life-time max" a while ago. His family has had to pay out of pocket for further treatment, and then Hospice care in their home. If you can donate...we URGE you to donate to the Jackson Palmer Donation Fund rather than the "other one"...to make sure that the money goes to where it is really needed.

His sister is in Emma's kindergarten class and Emma is worried that Olivia will get "the cancer" too. Emma seems to be ok, but has a lot of questions. I will ask only one thing...please say a prayer for the Palmer family, to give them strength to get through this difficult time. Thank you so much.
I have a lot to post....like Emma's party, Christmas, funnies...and will get those posted tomorrow....or the next day...or the day after that....

7 comments:

Crystal said...

That is heartbreaking Marci! Our thoughts are with the family. And can I just say how frusterating insurance is?

mom Tolmanb said...

My heart is breaking for them right now. I'll say some prayers.Tell them they have prayers coming even from Boise Idaho.

Unknown said...

Such a sad situation and a maddening one as well with the insurance stuff. Thanks for sharing this both on the phone today and on your blog (i'm glad you updated!!) LOVE YOU and know that you're friends are in our prayers as well!

Cheri said...

I looked at their website the other day after you told me. What a beautiful family! A tragedy such as this really makes you stop and be thankful for what you have and the health of your family. Their family is definitely in our prayers. I hope everyone who can will donate to this fund so that we can at least help lift this burden from the family! I hate the "lifetime max" policy! The people who reach those maxes are, obviously, the ones who really need the insurance!....duh!! I want you to know we love you guys to pieces and are so thankful to have you in our lives!! :) Thanks for sharing Jackson's story! :)

OMA AND OPA said...

Thanks for sharing. Aunt Sherie and I are planning on going to the Boise temple on Wed. I will be sure to put the Jackson Palmer family names on the prayer roll. As you know, that works wonders! Love ya, mom

Marci said...

Thanks mom and Aunt Sherie. They need all the prayers they can get. I love you all so much!

OMA AND OPA said...

It is done! I am sure they will see comfort coming their way soon. Time will heal too.
Love the pictures you and R&C are using on your comments now.
Love ya!