Friday, October 17, 2008

Calling all Oma's!!!!!

Before I begin this post, let me just say this one thing....NO I am not dead, nor am I in hiding either. However, I have been working a lot (like 5 days a week!!!) and am so exhausted when I get home that all I want to do is make dinner and then veg on the couch. I'm so sorry to those of you who have missed me. I'm not even sure if anyone even checks my blog anymore because it has been so long. I will not even make empty promises to do better (I've done that before after a long absence). I will say that I will try to do my best. You have to understand that there really isn't anything going on here that is worthy of blogging about.

Bill and I did go out last night to dinner at one of our favorite places for our 9th anniversary. That was so nice to go out to eat without the kids. I wish the night could have lasted longer.

Now that that part is taken care of, I will get on with my post. Picture this...I was driving the other day to pick up Nicholas from pre-school. I was stopped at a light and I look over and there is this yard sign in front of this nursing home or assisted living home. I read it and was thinking to myself "yeah, yeah, ok, they must be desperate because they always have a sign up there, must be a pretty crappy place to work." And then, I'm like, "wait a minute!!!" and I read it again. I started laughing so hard and fumbled for my phone so I could take a picture. It was too good to be true! I had never, ever, seen any company that was hiring for RN's, LPN's, CNA's and OMA's! See for yourself if you don't believe me!!!!



So, now I am calling upon any Oma's (of which I know of only one!) If you would care to move to Indianapolis, I know of a job opening! I'm not sure what the pay is like, but I'm sure it's more than what your grandchildren pay you now!

Emma got her school pictures back, so I will try and get that posted this weekend. I love and miss you all! Take care!

7 comments:

OMA AND OPA said...

That is too funny! Do they really mean they need Omas to come and comfort sick and aflicted (sp?) Good job Marci, you are quick.
Love and miss you all!

mom Tolmanb said...

they must not like how Opa's do the job.

mom Tolmanb said...

By the way, we have missed you, but absolutley understand the exaustion. take care, we'll be waiting.

wende said...

that is too funny! my kids call grandma 'mimi' and so when they recently opened a 'mimi's cafe' near by, my kids thought that was pretty funny. in fact, we had to eat there for mimi's birthday in august. it was yum-o.

mom Tolmanb said...

I just noticed--(it takes me a while)--isn't that an Oakley number as well? haha

wende said...

hey marci,
i need your email! the one i have i'm not sure about. have you looked at my blog lately? I FOUND LAURA LEE! and last night, katie murray (karen crowther's next door neighbor growing up) hit my facebook page asking if i knew where you were or what you were up to. small world! anyway, laura's blog is linked to mine "androopalooza" is what it's called. email me - wendemoore@gmail.com

Unknown said...

great sign you found! We all need Oma's - great catch aunt Sheri! I didn't notice that that is an Oakley # til you said that!!