Thursday, July 26, 2007

Long Time, No Post




Well, it is really easy to let time get away from you. It seems that life gets so much busier in the summer, but I can't tell you that we've done a whole lot. We did however go down to Santa Claus, Indiana and went to Holiday World/Splashin' Safari. It's about a 3 hour drive through the middle of nowhere, but it was so much fun! We have never taken the kids to any type of amusement park, so this was an extra special treat for all of us. We went down and spent the night at a hotel (which is a whole other story) and so we were able to go to the park that evening and then spend almost the whole day there the following day before driving home. Unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot for Nicholas to do, but he was a good sport about it. Emma on the other hand wanted to (and did) ride everything that spun around in a circle. She was tall enough to go with an adult, so Bill and I would take turns going with her. Bill doesn't do so well with those rides. Poor Bill, but he loves his daughter, so he did it anyway. She had so much fun and would laugh and laugh. One funny incident was when her and I went on the Scrambler. I put my arm around her to make sure she was ok and she promptly says "Mom, don't put your arm around me, I'm fine, I can do it myself". Ok, well then I put my hand on her leg and she says "MOM! I CAN DO IT MYSELF, I'M OK". Those are not words I am ready to hear, especially since she is only 4 1/2. She is so independant. Bill says she is a lot like me. :-) Anyway, we had a great time and I can't wait until she is tall enough to ride the roller coasters...we are so going to be on those all the time. We did get to ride a kids roller coaster and she wanted to ride in the very back (a girl after my own heart), and before the ride even started she had her hands up in the air whooping and hollering. It was too funny. A lot of good memories were made those couple of days. I've added some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Our love to you all.

6 comments:

OMA AND OPA said...

Looks like and sounds like you had a great time. Glad you were able to go. Ya, Emma is a lot like Marci....need I say more??? Jk
Love ya all, miss you too.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a blast!! Emma is quite the daredevil - and since she has made it this far without needing stitches in her chin she must not be totally like her mom - hahaha! Anyway, glad you all had a great time! - love ya!

Crystal said...

Santa Claus, IN! Is that really the name of a town? FABULOUS!

mom Tolmanb said...

What good memories!! Oh, the memories!!! you will love them. The first look at the picture with Emma, I knew she was your's, Marci!! Thanks for sharing. Oh, I decided this too late since this blog is my last one for the night, but hopefully everyone will read this and get the message. Kara has been very busy and so I know she would accept me doing this, but she and Robbie have a blog that I don't know if anyone knows about it yet. I am imviting all to it. It is www.robandkk.blogspot.com love ya

Unknown said...

OK - need to see more pics now and read some new stuff (me too I know) haha - love ya

mom and dad said...

Thanks for the pictures. So much fun. She is like you Marci!!!!. More pictures please. Love Aunt RaeDean