Monday, September 3, 2007

Emma-ism

Ok, Emma says funny things all the time. But this is one that I could not resist repeating.....this is right before bedtime....

Emma: "I want to marry Gabe" (a boy from school that was in her class last year, but not this year)

Me: "You still want to marry Gabe?"

Emma: "Yeah, but he's not in my class anymore(sad face). But I see him on the playground. He's mean to me. He's says he's not my friend anymore."

side note: in the school they call their classmates "friends". so I think that since Emma and Gabe are not in the same class this year that he thinks that they are not "friends". probably logical thinking to a 4 year old.

Me: (sigh) Well, you know, he's a boy.

Emma: (thoughtful pause) "yeah, so he doesn't know what he's doing."

Me: EXACTLY! Don't ever forget that!!!


You never know what she is going to say next!! She cracks us up. I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day.

3 comments:

Kindall Klan said...

you're so funny, marci! :) so of course you have a funny daughter :) Love it!

OMA AND OPA said...

Funny, funny, mother! Funny, funny daughter. Keep a log of funny things so you can keep up with Lisa Jensen. Christy will have her first book ready I am sure before Lisa gets into the 5th grade.
They all say the funniest things!
Love ya, see you tomorrow :)

Unknown said...

Emma - you are sooooooooo smart to have that figured out at so young an age- you go girl! Love you!!